Experience the Adventure!
Little Ray’s Reptile Zoo has been in operation, traveling to schools and daycares across Canada since 1995 and has been open to the public since 2000. During that time, we have done thousands of educational presentations and today have the largest outreach program of any Canadian zoo.
For those of you who are not familiar with the zoo, the following is a list of relevant credentials:
- Both the zoo itself and the outreach program are fully insured to meet or exceed school board regulations
- All necessary permits and inspections from the Ministry of Natural Resources, Agriculture Canada and Health Canada have been obtained and completed
- We are the largest reptile rescue in Canada, assisting the Humane Society and SPCA in rescuing and placing unwanted pet reptiles across the country
- We are regularly vet-inspected
In the Daycare
Our wildlife educators will take your group on a trip around the world — showing animals from around the globe and even those found right in our own backyards. Expect to see 8-10 animals, including: snakes, lizards, turtles, tortoises, amphibians and bugs.
As always presentations can be catered to your classes individual needs and lesson plans, and can be done in English or French.
$160.00 for an hour long presentation. Additional presentations on the same day can be added for $100.00 each as long as there is not more than an hour break between presentations.
$195.00 for an hour long presentation. This package includes similar animals to the ones listed above but larger, and also includes a crocodilian. Additional presentations on the same day can be added for and additional $110.00 as long as there is not more than an hour break between presentations.
All prices are subject to 13% HST or the applicable provincial tax in your region.
At the Zoo
Since the opening of the zoo in 2000, Little Ray’s Reptile Zoo has catered to groups of all interests and sizes. We have the facilities to educate and entertain groups from 20 to 200.
Your zoo visit includes 3 activities:
- The first is a walk through the zoo displays where the children can see over 80 displays with animals from around the globe.
- Afterwards the children can expect to see an interpretive feeding demonstration with at least 3 different species of animals.
- Lastly, they will be able to participate in an interactive, hands on presentation where they can get up close and personal with some of the zoo’s amazing animals.
This package is 2 hours in length and is $175+tax for the first 15 children, with additional children at $8+tax/each. Please note that 1 teacher/supervisor is admitted free for every 5 children in attendance. Prices are subject to 13% HST.